Workshops & Site Tour: Thursday, 23rd November 2017
9:00 am - 11:00 am Defining What an Effective Change Management Implementation Looks Like to Develop an Agile Workplace
The brutal fact is that about 70% of all change initiatives fail.
But why? In most of the cases organizational-change failures are driven by negative employee attitudes and unproductive management behavior. Change management is seen as one of the most influential factors driving the transformation of workplaces. Workplaces are driven by the team that takes them through the journey, and with a changing landscape, it is essential that management is with their employees every step of the way. With many organisations being driven by efficiency and productivity to take the step into the next generation workplace, many also need to be aware that employees will only be encouraged to take that step if it is championed and pioneered by the right style of management.
What will the workshop cover?
- Assessing and ensuring that business needs and employee needs are aligned in the workplace transformation plan
- How to deliver the right style of motivation, engagement and confidence when implementing the change
- Exploring strategies for how to invest in skill building programs to effectively train employees in the new environment to help increase work productivity
- Educating and facilitating the direction of the workplace to raise awareness of the benefits of shifting towards ABW
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm Establishing How to Extend Workplace Design to Curating a Community of Satisfied Employees
Whilst workplace design has a favourable impact on employee satisfaction, engagement and collaboration – this in itself is not enough to maximise workforce outcomes. Whilst the world is moving to flexible work and mobility, there remains a value for purpose, belonging, achievement, autonomy, mutual trust and security. In order to feel as though we’re valued, respected, and making a contribution, we need to feel like we’re part of a community. Whether it’s a community of neighbors, volunteers or coworkers, building a strong sense of community brings clarity of purpose to the groups we belong to. In this workshop, the facilitator will look into how we can foster these deeper human needs and in turn, drive performance.
What will the workshop cover?
- Creating a robust culture to fuel collective purpose
- Driving leadership that focuses on creating an environment of mutual trust and respect
- Shifting the way we approach the workplace from a top down to a middle out mentality
- Building on employee experience: fostering an environment of reward, recognition and acknowledgment
- What actually goes on within and between people that fosters “healthy connection” or “community?” And how will this “community” help you to become a learning organization?
An interactive site visit involving a guided tour of the newly updated agile workplace environment and interactive discussion with workplace strategy leaders.
The site leader will discuss:
- The reason for transitioning to an agile working environment
- The main barriers that needed to be overcome
- How they transitioned staff to this new work style
- The key steps to ensure the new way of working sticks
- What benefits they are finding following the transition
You will learn first hand:
- How to effectively analyse your company culture before transitioning into agile workplaces to create a clear roadmap and outcome
- Discovering and integrating suitable amenities and technologies that align with company culture
- Tackling the difference and splits in culture towards ABW and how to create a workplace that facilitates different working styles to benefit the productivity of the organisation
- Maximising opportunities for cohabitation, shared space and co-location to create open communication and collaboration that will influence an effective support system
Anita PotgieterManager of Global Facilities and Workplace Strategy