Professor Bob Fox
PVC (Education) Portfolio
University of New South Wales, Australia
Conference Day Two: Wednesday, 22nd November 2017
Wednesday, November 22nd, 2017
11:20 AM SKYPE SESSION: International Keynote Presentation: The Nexus between Blended Learning and Learning Environments: Harnessing Technology to Develop Pedagogies and Spaces for the Future
The University of New South Wales (UNSW) 2025 strategy supports new learning designs to facilitate better learning experiences for students. This includes (re)developing many large first year courses using more open, flexible and blended learning methods.
This in turn has led to a re-examination of the learning spaces. The presentation explores case studies of different pedagogies and learning spaces and how new digital technologies and applications have provided quality agile environments to suit the ongoing and changing needs to different student cohorts.
- Significance of active student engagement in designing new spaces and new blended learning offerings
- Use of learning analytics to improve space design and pedagogies
- Retro-fitting existing spaces to address changing student needs
- Blended, flipped and online learning and their impact on desired learning spaces, facilities and services provided on and off campus
- Engaging students beyond geographical constraints