Head of Enterprise Culture, Talent
11:50 AM CASE STUDY: Using Space, Culture and Technology to Create the Optimal Employee Experience for 48 Hours
The Grapevine is a unique employee experience at Australia Post in which participants have the opportunity to participate in a two-way conversation with colleagues from all levels of the company, share stories, and discuss what it will take to achieve Australia Post’s strategy. The Grapevine brings together three components of employee experience: culture, technology and space in a ‘lab’ environment, for groups of 100 employees to experiment living their shared values ‘perfectly’ for 48 hours.
- Considering all variables in the end to end experience not limited to language, space and location, lighting, food, color, process and technology
- Applying learnings from The Grapevine to a broader flexible working rollout in 2017/18 at Australia Post
- The ability of space to influence connections, conversations and collaboration and how to translate a Grapevine type experience to over 4000 people
2:10 PM PANEL DISCUSSION: Do’s And Don’ts – Utilising Workplace Design As An Enabler Rather Than A One -Stop Solution For Employee Experience Improvement
While conscious workplace design has proved its potential and benefits to the market, implementing the strategy within the organization must be approached cautiously. With a new workplace or reinvigorated culture, attention must be paid to change, tailoring the change to your workforce and stakeholder buyin.
This panel discussion will take you through the experiences and learnings of experts, from both property and people perspectives, to shed light on the best practices and common pitfalls associated with design within an organization.
- Agile, activity based working vs. traditional working styles
- The move to cultivating mobility and flexible work vs. creating community and strengthening collaboration within the workplace
- What are some practical examples of strategies for enhancing collaboration across HR, facilities and IT as opposed to working as your own part of the agenda?
- How has your organisation driven culture and change?